Every team needs offsites or away days.
We should do offsites and away days more often!
At the end of an away day, the team always wants more. They say “We should do this more often,” and that’s true. But each offsite can’t be just a sugar hit. Good feelings are great. You need something to show your boss. You need to demonstrate value. You need runs on the board.
Make sure the time you spend at an away day is valuable. Invest in offsites that solve operational problems.
Solve operational problems at away days and offsites
- cut down on the surprises caused by suppliers.
- set consistent work standards.
- realise some productivity gains!
- get rid of bottlenecks in the workflow.
- head off recurring customer issues.
- identify and capitalise on the team’s strengths and weaknesses.
- read the minds of your clients and colleagues.
- resolve squabbles about head count, customer service failure, and other tricky operational issues.
Away days and Offsites must be enjoyable too!
Your offsite must address an operational problem. But it needn’t be boring.
Cindy Tonkin has a background in improvisation, story-telling and games. She spent more than 20 years improving productivity in organisations. An offsite with Cindy promises variety, focus and operational problem-solving.
Find out more about offsites from Cindy Tonkin:
- Discover how you can build team with offsites here.
- Think through your offsites and what you need to get out of them here.
- Learn some things to take into account when looking for a great offsite facilitator here.
- See how you can avoid offsite meeting nightmares here.
Click here to learn how you can get your team politically savvy.