You can be more productive than you are. Here are two different ends of the spectrum: some holistic solutions and a few more practical. Which one appeals to you more?
This Inc article offers 5 Tips for Increased Productivity through Mindfulness. They are:
- Take five to breathe
- Download a meditation app.
- Let your mind wander
- Unplug occasionally
If you prefer your tips more concrete, then try these ones from Farnam Street:
- Prioritize: Use “fixed schedule productivity.” You won’t get everything done. You will get the right things done.
- Context: Distractions make you stupid. Find a place to hide or work from home in the morning.
- Habits: Use the “20 second rule” to make bad habits hard to engage in. Follow a plan.
- Stakes: For dull tasks, reward yourself. For complex tasks, ask why they are important to find purpose
- Mood: Manage your mood, especially in the morning. Oh, and puppies, puppies, puppies.