Cindy Tonkin articles for managers, consultants and leaders. Click on the link below to go to the articles under that heading:
- Getting what you want
- Managing others
- Managing yourself
- Persuading and selling
- Pleasing your boss and your clients
- Status and power
- Cindy Tonkin’s Books
- Presentations and meetings
- Click here for my Linked in Pulse author page.
Status and power
Getting what you want
- Motivating yourself when a deal falls through – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Getting recognised, appreciated and promoted – published in Executive Excellence March 2003
- So they say you’re too young! Getting ahead anyway – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Working with your client’s way of thinking to make life easier: Helping your clients make faster decisions
- Getting ahead when they say you’re too old – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
or watch this video
- Leading Well: What you say and what you do matters
- I got empathy – now what?
- Managing Difficult staff.
- Performance Management.
- Giving feedback people hear.
- Presentation and meetings
- Saying what you can’t say – using negative commands.
- Office politics for geeks
- I’m in overwhelm how to get out
- Get out of work on time! – published in Law Practice Management
- Seven good reasons to document what you do – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
- Stop procrastinating about procrastinating!
- BPR your life! – making more with less at work – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
- DIY Good mood
- Shift Perspectives – create workplace peace – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
Persuading and selling
- Are you smart enough to read this article? Why small talk matters
- Use Hypnotic selling techniques.
- Sell and manage clients using their own decision making strategies
- Help clients decide more quickly
- Leverage the client’s motivation style.
- Read the Introduction to the ability myth (extracted from Consulting Mastery)
Pleasing your boss and your clients
- Helping clients deal with change.
- Meeting new clients and dealing with tricky ones: Building rapport with your client.
- When part of you wants to kill the client! – what to do
- Let me give you the big picture – with the i’s dotted and the t’s crossed – Dealing with detail people – published in Executive Excellence September 2004
- The fine art of Saying sorry.
- How to get along with a bad boss, and Bad Bosses: 9 strategies to get you through the day – published in Mortgage Professional Magazine
or watch this video
Presentations and meetings
- Things great Presenters do (that you may want to copy!)
- Top tips on training room layout
- When you’ve answered their question a hundred times, but they ask it again…What to do
- When their attention wanders in a presentation: getting it back
- Getting more out of your team’s training time